Cutwork Christmas Tree – Richelieu Embroidery Designs for hoop 5×7″
Cutwork designs are very popular to embellishments on apparel and for Home decore, such as linens,table runners, doilies, stockings etc.
For Christmas project you can turn a simple Stocking into an unique!
The design can be embroidered as a cutwork or an applique. You need water soluble stabilizer for stitching this project.
Cutwork is very similar to applique. Design can be done in both way. If you will add additional fabric – it will be applique, but if fabric is trimmed away instead of being added – it will be cutwork.
For Applique you need cut-away stabilizer, for Cutwork / Richelieu – water-soluble.
How to do Machine Embroidered Cutwork:
1. Hoop together water-soluble mesh stabilizer and the fabric.
2. Run machine and stitch Color 1 to join fabric and stabilizer.
3. Stitch Color 2. Zigzag will indicate the aria there fabric will cut away.
4. Remove the hoop from the machine and leave everything in the hoop. Place the hoop on a flat surface and carefully trim the fabric away from the inside of zigzag stitches.
Cut away only fabric layer, don’t cut water-soluble stabilizer. Do not push on the stabilizer when trimming. If the stabilizer becomes loose, the cutwork stitching will not line up properly.
5. Place the hoop back on the machine and stitch Color 3. Machine will do bridges across edges of the cutwork section.
6. Stitch Color 4. Finish stitching.
7. Remove embroidery from the hoop, trim away excess water-soluble stabilizer, and soak in the water. Lay it flat, let it dry and press (from the wrong/left side) if necessary.
Designs are delivered as a .zip file and consists of:
– One folders of design for hoops 5×7″
– Picture of design and project,
– Colors Chart
– .txt info file
Size:130.6×154.9 mm (5.14×6.10 “),
Design has a four colors, but you can stitch all of them by one color.
Available formats: DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PEC, PES, XXX, VIP, VP3