Cutwork Edge Motive – Richelieu Machine Embroidery Design for hoop 5×7″
Cutwork lace designs are very popular to use on clothes and items for Home decore, such as table runner, doily, stockings etc.
This design will be a great addition to Cutwork Christmas Tree and can be use for decoration of the Christmas Stocking as well. Turn a simple Stocking into an unique!
For stitching cutwork design you need water-soluble stabilizer. This Cutwork design can be done as applique, but instead of background fabric you should use water-soluble stabilizer.
You just need add fabric for top of design.
How to do Machine Embroidered Cutwork:
1. Hoop together water-soluble mesh stabilizer and the fabric.
2. Run machine and stitch Color 1 to join fabric and stabilizer.The first color have outline stitch of whole motive!
3. Stitch Color 2. Zigzag will indicate the aria there fabric will cut away.
4. Remove the hoop from the machine and leave everything in the hoop. Place the hoop on a flat surface and carefully trim the fabric away from the inside of zigzag stitches.
Cut away only fabric layer, don’t cut water-soluble stabilizer. Do not push on the stabilizer when trimming. If the stabilizer becomes loose, the cutwork stitching will not line up properly.
5. Place the hoop back on the machine and stitch Color 3. Machine will do bridges across edges of the cutwork section.
6. Stitch Color 4.Finish stitching.
7. Remove embroidery from the hoop, trim away excess water-soluble stabilizer, and soak in the water. Lay it flat, let it dry and press (from the wrong/left side) if necessary.
Designs are delivered as a .zip file and consists of:
– One file of design for hoop 5×7″
– Picture of design
– .txt info file
AE_CutworkEdgeMotive for hoop 5×7 ”
Size: 6.20×3.37 ” (157.4×85.5 mm),
Design has a few colors, but you can stitch all of them by one color.
Available formats: DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PEC, PES, XXX, VIP, VP3